Wednesday, July 31, 2013

BBD#61: Stuffed Breads

Once again it's time for my monthly post, and, of course, it's to celebrate Bread Baking Day, started by Zorra several years ago.  

Our hostess this month is Anusha of Tomato Blues.  She selected Stuffed Breads as the challenge for Bread Baking Day #61.





One of my projects this month was working on a new edition of Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoë François.  (Due out in October -- preorders taken any time at Amazon).

I used one of the recipes from this cookbook:  Fougasse Stuffed with Roasted Red Peppers.  I chose the Light Whole Wheat dough and used jarred roasted red peppers from Trader Joes.  Easy to make and very delicious.

There is still dough leftover, so today I made a few pitas for dinner.  I'll probably use the remaining dough in the same way, because I love watching the pitas rise in the hot oven as they bake.

  Be sure and stop by Anusha's blog in a few days to see more stuffed breads.

No comments: