Tuesday, May 15, 2012

TWD/BwJ: Pecan Sticky Buns



It's been awhile since I've made either a brioche or a laminated dough.  This recipe, our second May selection for Baking with Julia, contained both techniques.   Really, this is very easy.  It just requires patience and time.   And the results are ever so delicious.




I used just half the finished dough to make these pecan rolls; I'll use the other half for another recipe in the future.  

 

While some bakers had issues with their mixers, I had none.   I used my sturdy, rock-solid KA, aka Silver Sage, who didn't disappoint, no moving; no over-heating.



The final result was a flaky, buttery, cinnamon-nut roll that was worth every minute of effort and every stick of butter.   



Thanks to this week's hostesses -- Lynn of Eat Drink Man Woman Dogs Cat and Nicole of Cookies on Friday.  




To see other results and read the comments, head over to the Tuesdays with Dorie website.

 .




9 comments:

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Beautiful, Judy! :)

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Beautiful. I opted out this week, but wish I could sample a tiny taste of one. Another day ;).

4pure by Andrea said...

Looks delicious. I didn't have any problems with my mixer, though it was by hand.
The result is terrific so that made up for the trouble.

smarkies said...

Glad you liked it! Looks like it was well worth the effort.

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

You wouldn't have a pan of those I could serve my Dad & sis in the morning would you ;-) These look delightful.

Kathy said...

Absolutely beautiful! Lovely job!

Cher Rockwell said...

Very lovely!
My mixer held up to this one as well. She's a trusty one.

Elizabeth said...

Pecan sticky buns... mmmmm.... Yes Please!!

Leah Sewell said...

Goodd reading your post