Friday, April 1, 2011

BBD38: No Knead Breads

This just wasn't the week for successful bread baking. I wasn't pleased with either of the two breads I made, this one, a no-knead chocolate bread for Bread Baking Day 38, or the other one, Rewena Paraoa*.


I suppose I was a bit distracted. Having two friends die on the same day, unexpectedly, unrelated, and in different parts of the state, might just throw off one's baking mojo. Patience and time are the ingredients I need now.



With that out of the way, the bread I chose to make for the BBD38 No Knead Bread Challenge was a chocolate bread from Artisan Breads in 5 Minutes a Day. Usually these breads turn out just fine, so I'm not sure what happened with this one. My daughter thought it was fine, but I really didn't care for it, which is surprising, coming from a chocolate-lover.



It didn't rise much, although I probably let it over-rise because of a phone call. Perhaps, someday, I'll try it again, maybe using milk chocolate instead of dark.




The Bread Baking Day hostess this month was Cinzia from
Cindystar. Thanks also to Zorra for creating one of my favorite events.


*The Rewena Paraoa was a big hit with my daughter, who has requested that I bake it again. I will oblige, since she will be heading off to college at the end of the summer to complete her degree. I just wish New York was closer!

3 comments:

natalia said...

Ciao ! Your bread really makes me curious !I would like to try it sometimes!

Cindystar said...

Judy, it just happens that sometimes things do not turn pout as we expected to be. And baking is one of the top category. Plus, you had suche terrible news that can justify a failure, who could approach kitchen in such a terrible mood?
but please, do write the recipe anyway, I bet somebody will be happy to try it, me for example, never done a choco bread and I am true "chocolic" fan!
thanks for posting, recap will be on line in a few hours but will email you then.
have a nice week!

foxfifi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.