Thursday, February 25, 2010

BB: Baked Shrimp Scampi

February is almost over and I'm trying to squeeze all my cooking and baking tasks in along with project deadlines and my Last Week of Work at my second job.

Yep. Last Week.

As much as I like the library and my co-workers, it's causing way too much stress that is impacting my freelancing, income-supporting job. So, it's back to no benefits and no regular paycheck. But life is always changing, so who knows what the future holds.

Anyway, I try to keep frozen shrimp on hand for a quick meal. This Barefoot Blogger recipe is just that -- quick and delicious. Even my shrimp-wary daughter liked it, which says something. She is not a fan of squeaky shrimp, so I'm very careful not to overcook it.




I made only half a recipe, which was plenty for dinner for two and lunch for one. Plus, my bag of frozen, butterflied shrimp from TJ's was exactly one pound. Basically, I just eye-balled the topping ingredients, figuring a little more than half wouldn't hurt. Since I don't own a small-enough gratin dish, I used one of my pie dishes.



This recipe was chosen by
Jill of Insanely Good Food and can be found either on the web or in Ina's book, Back to Basics. Other Barefoot Bloggers have made the scampi this week, so go ahead and check out their results.

1 comment:

Eva said...

Yea I used the first pan I got my hands on for this. I was in a cooking mood when I made these so there weren't very many pans left. Great job.