Friday, June 19, 2009

My Kitchen, My World: Switzerland

Last week we went to Switzerland for dinner.



Our main meal was a Swiss fondue with an international twist.


The fondue was composed of Swiss gruyere, Dutch gouda, and Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout, with a dash of nutmeg thrown in for good measure.



Dippees were broccoli florettes, sweet red peppers, and yummy, freshly baked French bread chunks.




It was just one of those lazy, laid-back meals where everyone relaxes amidst good conversation. My daughter declared it heavenly. It was her beer, of course, so perhaps that's why.


Check out the MKMW blog for a variety of Swiss dishes.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Cheese and bread.

Really, what could be better?

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Fondue ... we got four fondue pots as wedding gifts. I used to make fondue probably once a week, now I haven't made it in years. You've made me miss it. I think I need a trip to the cheese shop.
Your cheeses sound just perfect

Anonymous said...

Love fondue! I've never made it at home though.