Sunday, March 9, 2008

Simple chicken dinner

Recently, I was playing around with some chicken recipes, trying to come up with a final recipe that would result in a quick, easy, and tasty meal. Here is the final rendition, which I've made several times in the last few weeks because 1. I love how it tastes, and 2. I get leftovers for myself for an even quicker meal!



Teriyaki-like Chicken Thighs

6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon chili sauce (like Heinz or Del Monte brand)
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

Line a baking dish with aluminum foil (I use the non-stick foil). Place the chicken thighs in the baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, then pour over the thighs. I like to make sure both the tops and bottoms have some of this mixture on them. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, if possible. If you have less time, they will still taste fine. Bake at 425 degrees (F) for 40 to 45 minutes. The chicken and sauce goes well with rice.

(If you have any leftover, just re-heat and serve.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good, will have to try it. Hey, you need to let us know how the snickers squares came out, were they a mess to serve.
Allison